Best Pressure Cooker To Buy Online in 2018 in India
The whistle of a pressure cooker is one of the most common sounds that can be heard in an Indian kitchen. You walk down empty streets and you can hear it. In apartments, you can hear it.
It is often accompanied by the smell of sumptuous biryani that leaves your mouth watering. It looks different when compared to other cookware. It’s utility is somewhat unusual.
It works on the principle of trapping steam within and thereby helping in the cooking process. What does this do? It cooks food quicker and faster.
A fact that not many would have known is that the concept of pressure cooking came up long ago, in the 16th century, while the first prototype of a pressure cooker was made by Georg Gutbrod in the year 1864 out of cheap, tinned cast iron.
Since then, this invention has come leaps and bounds. It has taken the role of being a necessity rather than a luxury in the Indian kitchen to say the very least. You are seldom to find houses that don’t use a pressure cooker.
It is a very common purchase and often not much thought goes into it for this very reason. But for those people out there who aren’t that sure about what to look for and what not to look for in one, here are a few guidelines:
- Size: Pressure cookers are available in different sizes. They come in two, three and five litres of capacity to begin with. Based on the scale of cooking, whether you cook for large audiences or small audiences, choose a pressure cooker accordingly. For those people who live alone or in small families a small pressure cooker is more suitable for them and so on.
- Durability: A pressure cooker is one of those items that people would like to purchase maybe once in five or ten years. Therefore, durability proves to be an important aspect. Go for well known brands that use quality raw materials. There is no assurance to the durability of a product but a company’s brand name can be closest indicator to durability as one can get.
Amazon India has best sellers list and looking at that list is one of the easiest way to pick a good product for yourself.
Top 8 Best Selling Pressure Cooker from Amazon India:
- Made from high quality aluminium
- Fit for both induction and gas cooking
- Warranty Information: 5 years on product. Toll free number for product related assistance : 1800-425-66666
- Colour: Silver; Material: Aluminium
- Package Contents: 1-Piece Induction Base Pressure Cooker with Outer Lid (3 Litres) 3
- Gas compatible
- Virgin aluminium
- Metallic safety plug
- Gasket release system
- Comfortable handles
- Kitchen & Home
- Made from best quality aluminium
- Gas Stovetop and Induction Stovetop Compatible
- Color: Silver, Material: Aluminium
- Package Contents: 1-Piece Pressure Cooker (5 Litres)
- Warranty Information: 5 years on product
- Made from superior quality virgin aluminium
- Comes with four level of safety
- Strong, sturdy and durable
- Ergonomic Bakelite handle for ease of use
- Colour: Silver, Material: Aluminium
- Content: Prestige Clip On Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker 5L with Glass Lid Accessory
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Compact pressure cooker with sturdy handles
- Unique ladle holder on the lid
- Unique pressure cooker lid with easy clip on
- Kitchen & Home
- Content: Prestige Deluxe Alpha Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker 2 L
- Net Quantity: 1 Unit
- Made from high-quality stainless steel
- Controlled gasket release system
- Pressure indicator for safety and peace of mind
We have also picked our own choices to give you more idea and information about top pressure cookers in India.Check the below list and choose one that can best serve you.
After considerable research, we have found five pressure cookers available online that will appeal to the masses. Here are the five options, along with some basic information about them.
Best Pressure Cooker To Buy Online in 2018 in India:
#1.Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
Prestige is one of the well known brands in the cookware manufacturing industry and this particular pressure cooker of theirs has a 5 litre capacity and is made out of virgin aluminium, which is of extremely superior quality to ensure safety while usage.
It comes with a gasket-release system and superior quality handles that make cooking not only simple but a very enjoyable experience all together.
For safety purposes, a metallic safety plug is attached to the cooker for the release of any excess steam that gets generated by mistake. All in all, with features on its side and a quality design to back it up, it turns out to be a top quality pressure cooker.
#2.Pigeon Favourite Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker:
This pressure cooker comes with an induction base to help evenly distribute heat. It is made out of premium quality aluminium and comes with an outer lid along with a gasket ring attached to it.
The pressure cooker in itself weighs 2.6 kgs and has a capacity of 3 litres. A sturdy, small piece with ergonomically designed handles, it is ideal for small households where the scale of cooking is limited.
#3.Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:
Unlike many other pressure cookers, this one is made out of stainless steel to make it a little bit more attractive and to see that it blends much better with all the shiny kitchen apparel.
It comes with a lot of additional features as well. Some of which include, a pressure indicator and controlled GRS. The pressure cooker is of the 3 litre capacity type and has a heavy body that contributes to its weight of 2.1 kgs.
#4.Hawkins Aluminium Toy Cooker:
Funny as it may sound, this is just a prototype and is not a working model. No cooking can be done on it, yet it’s a very accurate depiction of a real working model. It’s just like a toy, with removable handles and is priced like one too.
Because it is just a toy it weighs just 59 grams and has product dimensions of 7 x 12 cm. Despite all this being said, the main material used in its manufacture is still aluminium. It is the ideal gift for a little girl that loves playing kitchen-kitchen.
#5.Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Handis:
The anodization of this pressure cooker gives it additional features. Because of its anodized material, it is scratch resistant, stain resistant and stick resistant as well. Since it has an induction base, it helps in the even distribution of heat and it can be used on both gas, as well as induction cooktops.
It is slightly different in comparison to the other pressure cookers, both in design and capacity wise. It has an unusual capacity of 3.3 litres and a design that makes it appealing to the eyes. For safety purposes, some of the additional features it comes with are namely; pressure indicator and a controlled GRS. What’s different is its precision weight valve.